Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday 22 June 2014

Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe

Caesar salad was always one of my favourite dishes. I remember the day I found out that caesar dressing was not vegetarian, let alone vegan, very vividly. It was a day of mourning. A couple months ago, I decided that it was time to try making my own dressing. I can't believe it only took 9 years of vegetarianism and 3 years of veganism to try it. Last night I served this at a potluck and people loved it and kept asking for the recipe, so here it is. This is my original recipe which was revised from another recipe. It's quick, easy and delicious. Enjoy!



The serving size if for one medium sized bowl of salad. Double the recipe (I almost always do) if you are serving more.

2 cloves of garlic (garlic powder works great too)
1 tbsp lemon juice (apple cider vinegar is another option)
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp agave (maple syrup or brown rice syrup works well too)
1/2 cup vegan mayo
salt and pepper

Blend all ingredients in food processor or blender.

In a big bowl add your chopped romaine lettuce, vegan croutons and bacon bits (most artificial bacon bits are vegan-friendly), sprinkle some nutritional yeast on the top and add dressing to taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment