Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday 3 February 2016

Local Vegan Eats-- Wild Leek


The Wild Leek is by far one of my favourite spots in Halifax. It has a rustic artsy feel with delicious food that feels like something your mom would make. A vegan twist on traditional favourites, along with unique one-of-a-kind creations. 

You really feel at home at the Leek.





The menu is not massive but it's still enough that I always have a hard time choosing. Portion size is perfect and prices are extremely reasonable. I always leave satisfied from the Wild Leek. Fare includes bowls, a donair, wraps and an all-day breakfast menu.

I feel a lot of love from the food there.


Ultimate burger and potato soup
Potato soup
Wild Bowl
Chocolate hazelnut cupcake

The Wild Leek offers all day breakfast and to quote Tori Amos "breakfast every hour, it could save the world." I think this is a very smart move on the Leek's part because I am pretty partial to breakfast. They offer a vegan omlette, known as the "nomlette", which is pretty special, as well as housemade seitan bacon, pancakes and homemade cornbread. True comfort food.



They have a great selection of baked goods. I am pretty fond of the cupcakes, I can't leave there without getting one, which change daily. They are truly the best cupcakes in the world. They will also do desserts upon request. So if you are looking for a birthday cake or something delicious for a special occasion, the Leek has got you covered. Brownies, muffins, cookies and more are also always in house.


They have a smoothie and juice bar which are always fresh and made right before your eyes. The Chocolite has got to be my favourite smoothie and I am pretty partial to the Elixir when it comes to juice but they are all delicious and nutritious.


Daily specials, as well as, special menus are constantly being created. Holiday dinners, 3 course meal events, pizza nights and so much more.




It just doesn't get any better than this. I love the homey, welcoming atmosphere that is the Wild Leek. The staff is always friendly and helpful and the food is out of this world. If you are visiting Halifax or living here and yet to go, put it on the list of places to eat. And that my friends is the Vegan Peach seal of approval. 

Located at: 
2156 Windsor Street
Halifax, NS 

No comments:

Post a Comment