Search This Blog

Followers

Monday 21 December 2015

Surya Brasil-- Vegan and Cruelty-free Hair and Skincare



I have to say, I am pretty damn excited to write this post and share this amazing company with you. Surya Brasil offers what I consider to be some of the best vegan, cruelty-free and natural products on the market and honestly some of my new favourite products.

Surya Brasil offers products that are made from sustainably harvested, non-GMO ingredients. They are vegan certified, gluten-free and never tested on animals. They do not contain parabens, petroleum, pesticides, propylene or butylene glycols, phthalates, sulfates, PEG’s, TEA, DEA or GMO, silicones, artificial dyes or fragrances. Which we all know in this day and age is hard to come by, even in the natural community.

They have been around for 20 years and sell their products in 40 countries internationally striving for sustainable and responsible beauty, succeeding on every level.

Surya Brasil offers a large range of beauty products including henna hair colour, hair care products, skincare including a line specifically for men and woman under their Sapien label, lip balm and much more.


I am simply honored to have been given the opportunity to use and review some products and share my thoughts with you. The lovely folks at Surya sent me several products and here are my honest opinions for each.


Sapien Women Body Scrub: I first have to say, I will probably repeat myself a lot because their products smell AMAZING!! Being someone who almost exclusively uses products that are "natural" or claim to be so, I am extremely sensitive to chemical smells, always have been but even more so now that I don't use many chemicals. The scents from these products are clearly from natural sources and I love that. It reminds me of Hawaii or a rainforest and that made me instantly fall in love with the products. This scrub is incredible. It leaves your skin feeling silky smooth. It is gentle on the skin, no worries about scratching or tearing the skin like some traditional scrubs have done to me in the past. Perfect for the cold winter weather we are having right now.


Ingredients:
Water, *Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Kaolin (White Clay), Glycerin, **Sucrose Cocate, *Mauritia Flexuosa Pulp Powder, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Dehydroacetic Acid Benzyl Alcohol, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Fragrance, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Cocos Nucifera Shell Powder, Sodium Hydroxide
98.80% of the total ingredients are from natural origin
23.27% of the total ingredients are from organic farming


Sapien Women Shave Gel: Confession: I don't shave that much anymore, mostly due to the fact that I always cut my skin or get really bad razor burn but I made an exception because I wanted to give a full review of all the products given to me. I shaved for the first time in a couple months last night and it's honestly the first time I haven't had either razor burn or painful nicks on my skin. Again, the smell of their shave gel is amazing and the gel itself made my skin feel incredibly smooth and nourished. I always moisturize after shaving but I really had no need to with this product.

Ingredients:
Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, *Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Decyl Polyglucoside, Glycerin, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, ** Sucrose Cocoate, Dehydroacetic Acid Benzyl Alcohol, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Fragrance, Xanthan Gum, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Citric Acid, *Penthaclethra Macroloba Seed Oil, Tocopherol, *Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil. *Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter.
98.80% of the total ingredients are from natural origin
13.62% of the total ingredients are from organic farming



Sapien Woman Body Moisturizer: Gonna say it again, it SMELLS AMAZING!!! Not too surprising, it made my skin soft, non-oily and left it feeling great. A little goes along way too.

Ingredients:
Water, *Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cetearyl Olivate Sorbitan Olivate, Glycerin, *Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Dehydroacetic Acid Benzyl Alcohol, *Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, *Penthaclethra Macroloba Seed Oil, Fragrance, *Theobroma Grandiforum Seed Butter, Saccharomyces Silcon Ferment, Saccharomyces Magnesium Ferment, Saccharomyces Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces Cooper Ferment, Saccharomyces Iron Ferment, Sodium PCA, *Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Oil, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol, Sodium Hydroxide, Carrageenan.
98.88% of the total ingredients are from natural origin
18.88% of the total ingredients are from organic farming



Color Fixation Shampoo and Conditioner: Created for color treated hair, this is perfect for me since I have done an insane amount of damage to my hair from coloring. The shampoo and conditioner, along with the mask has made my hair feel a million times lighter and healthier. My hair also feels much more manageable and styling has become easier as a result.


Shampoo Ingredients:
Deionized Water (Aqua), Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Xanthan Gum, Dihydroxanthan Gum, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citric Acid, Essential Oils (Rose Flower Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Jasminum Officinale Oil and Santalum Album Oil), Lawsonia Inermis Leaf Extract, Arnica Montana Extract, Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract, Paullinia Cupana Fruit Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Genipa Americana Extract, Malva Sylvestris Extract, Corylus Rostrata Seed Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa Root Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Zizyphus Joaseiro Bark Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Malpighia Punicifolia Fruit Extract, Bertholletia Excelsa (Brazil Nut) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Hydrolized Rice Protein, Vegetable Glycerin.

Conditioner Ingredients:
Deionized Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Sorbitol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Citric Acid, Essential Oils (Rose Flower Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Jasminum Officinale Oil and Santalum Album Oil), Lawsonia Inermis Leaf Extract, Arnica Montana Extract, Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract, Paullinia Cupana Fruit Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Genipa Americana Extract, Malva Sylvestris Extract, Corylus Rostrata Seed Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa Root Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Zizyphus Joaseiro Bark Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Malpighia Punicifolia Fruit Extract, Bertholletia Excelsa (Brazil Nut) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Hydrolized Rice Protein,Tocopheryl Acetate.

Mask Ingredients:
Deionized Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Sorbitol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Citric Acid, Essential Oils (Rose Flower Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Jasminum Officinale Oil and Santalum Album Oil), Lawsonia Inermis Leaf Extract, Arnica Montana Extract, Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract, Paullinia Cupana Fruit Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Genipa Americana Extract, Malva Sylvestris Extract, Corylus Rostrata Seed Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa Root Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Zizyphus Joaseiro Bark Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Malpighia Punicifolia Fruit Extract, Bertholletia Excelsa (Brazil Nut) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Hydrolized Rice Protein,Tocopheryl Acetate.
 

Lip Balm: I am a self-proclaimed lip balm junkie, as I am sure most of you know. Surya Brasil actually found me through my lip balm review post. I had originally tried the cinnamon flavour but I have a sensitivity to cinnamon so didn't overly enjoy it so now I have got to try all their other flavors which include: Strawberry & Buriti, Chocolate, Acai Berry and Chocolate & Mint. I love all of them. They smell amazing and work really well on my dry, chapped lips. Non-oily as well.
  • Vegan certified. No animal ingredients or animal testing
  • Made with fair trade certified cacao butter
  • Packaging made with 40% recycled content
  • Antioxidant rich, acai oil bursting with flavonoids and omega 9 fatty acids
  • Petroleum and paraben free
Ingredients: Organic Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Fair Trade Certified ª Cocoa Butter, D-Alpha Tocopherol, Mauritia Flexuosa (Buriti) Seed Oil, Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil, Virola Sebifera (Ucuuba) Nut Oil, Astrocaryum Murumuru Butter, Organic Flavor.


Thank you so much to Surya Brasil for giving me the opportunity to review their amazing products. They have lots of their products on sale right now for the holidays so I highly suggest ordering now if you want a great deal! Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment