Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday 28 September 2013

Earth Balance Products Overview

I thought it was about time for me to write about my love for Earth Balance, especially with more new products being introduced. In Canada, we basically only have the butter replacements, spreads, shortening and peanut butter and I keep wishing the other products will show up on the shelves but no such luck. I have been lucky enough to try a lot of the products while visiting the States, however.

Earth Balance uses only sustainable palm oil and also have no GMO's in their products. All their products are gluten-free, lactose-free, egg-free and animal product free, which means 100% vegan and delicious. They are also organic as much as possible.

Now let's review what they have available.



Spreads: They offer several varieties of butter replacements and spreads. The round tubs pictured are actually changing over to a new square container. The buttery spreads are available in original, soy-free, olive oil, omega 3, soy garden and organic whipped. I have personally only tried their soy-free, organic whipped and original, I prefer the whipped as it's easier to spread but any of them work perfectly for baking or cooking. They taste much like butter or margarine does and are perfect for those with food allergies as well. They also offer sticks for baking in original, soy-free and shortening.

Their culinary spreads can be used just like their normal spreads but I know more people use them as a topping for their toast in the morning and such. They have 3 available in organic coconut, organic sweet cinnamon and organic garlic and herbs. I have used the coconut and really enjoy it as a cooking tool.









Soymilk: This is one product I have not had from Earth Balance, again, I have never seen it or the mayo in Canada. The soymilk comes in 4 varieties: original, unsweetened, chocolate and vanilla.

Mayo: It comes in 3 varieties: original, organic and olive oil. I have tried the original once but don't remember the taste other than enjoying it. I am fussy with vegan mayo so if I liked it, that's a good sign. 

 
Nut Butters: I have not tried their nut butters yet but actually noticed the coconut and peanut spread last time I was at the grocery store and plan to purchase it in the near future. Coconut and peanut butter are two of my favourite things. :) They offer it in both crunchy and creamy, as well as a plain peanut butter in creamy and crunchy. They also offer almond butters for those with peanut allergies.

Snacks: Just when you thought it couldn't get any better, Earth Balance comes out with a whole snack line featuring some amazing vegan versions of old favourites. Vegan buttery popcorn,  aged white cheddar popcorn, aged white cheddar puffs and peanut butter popps. I have tried both the aged white cheddar puffs and popcorn and they are incredible. I also have some peanut butter popps on the way which I am super excited to try. 

And now they've just announced new squeezable tubes of peanut butter as well as a new line of kettle chips in sea salt, cheddar and sour cream & onion. I am insanely excited about the sour cream & onion as those were always my favourite chips and I haven't seen any vegan ones.  

Earth Balance is taking over in the vegan community and I am happy to be one of their supporters. They make amazing unique products and I want everyone to get on the EB train!








No comments:

Post a Comment