Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday 22 November 2014

A Review of Wonderfully Raw

Wonderfully Raw was kind enough to send me some products to review. I have been a fan of the company for some time as I love their Coco-Roons, so I'm thrilled to do this review for them.

Wonderfully Raw is mostly known for their Coco-Roons but have recently expanded their line to "Snip Chips" and "Brussel Bytes." Their products are raw, organic, gluten-free, vegan, non-gmo and low-glycemic, which means diabetics can safely eat their products. They offer 6 flavours of Coco-Roons, as well as 3 mini Coco-Roons varieties. Two types of Brussel Bytes and 3 kinds of Snip Chips.

Coco-Roons: As I mentioned above, I have had a love for them for quite sometime. I don't think I've ever seen them available in Canada to purchase but friends have sent them to me and I've also had them while visiting the States. If you like coconut, you will love these, I guarantee it. I was sent the lemon pie, vanilla maple and brownie mini Coco-Roons and I loved them all. They each have the flavours they are titled to have. A mild sweet, natural treat that is much better for you than conventional store-bought processed products that fill your sweet cravings. I love the natural flavours that burst in your mouth with each bite. They also don't leave you feeling gross or overwhelmed after snacking, instead they leave you satisfied. I have a definite soft spot for the lemon pie, as I adore lemon flavours. Truly like eating mini lemon pies. :)
 


Ingredients
dried unsweetened coconut*, almond flour*, cacao*, unfiltered maple syrup*, cold-pressed coconut oil*, vanilla extract*, himalayan crystal salt vanilla extract*, Himalayan crystal salt

Brussel Bytes:  I received the chili pumpkin seed crunch variety of their Bytes. It also comes in a tamarind apple crunch variety. I was a bit apprehensive trying these as I'm not a brussel sprout fan but I have to say they weren't half bad. They have the same texture essentially as a kale chip. I never liked kale and these are enjoyed much better as they aren't bitter like kale is. This flavour was unique and had a nice kick with the chili. An enjoyable crunchy snack. My husband who loves brussel sprouts really enjoyed these.
Ingredients: brussels sprouts*, raw cashews*, raw pumpkin seeds*, kale*, tamari*, coconut nectar*, carrots*, raw coconut*, cilantro*, onion*, garlic*, apple cider vinegar*, cumin*, chipotle*      
Snip Chips: I have a confession, I don't know if I had ever really had a parsnip before this. So, these are much like Brussel Bytes, only done with parsnips. I love the flavour of dill so was quite excited to try these. They have a decent flavour and a great crunch and I love the extra touch the coconut gives. They have an awesome dill taste that really clicks with the coconut and parsnip. It's definitely a unique snack that I had never thought to exist but that's what makes this company so interesting!
Ingredients: parsnips*, raw coconut*, raw cashews*, apple cider vinegar*, dill*, garlic*, lemon*, chipotle, mustard seed*, Himalayan crystal salt
I can only dream what other new and delicious creations will come out of the Wonderfully Raw kitchen. I want to say a big thank you to Wonderfully Raw for giving me the opportunity to review their products. You can get your hands on these products and more at www.mycocoroons.com as well as many retailers across the States.

No comments:

Post a Comment