Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday 23 February 2016

Vegan Candy Review-- Closed

Koka's is no longer in business.

Let's admit it, most of us are kids at heart and we grew up with special memories related to food and candy. I know for me, one of my biggest excuses for not going vegan sooner was my addiction to chocolate. I know, of all things... that's what held me back. I have been lucky enough to try so many amazing vegan alternatives to my favorite candies and foods now that there's just really no excuse for anyone anymore and I have made it my mission since going vegan to show others just how easy it is. 


TruJoy Choco Chews
Lovely Candy Co.
JJ's Sweets Cocomels

I am simply ecstatic that some of my favourite sweets are now being brought in locally through a fantastic new website. Koka's Snack Shack is an online store located right here in Nova Scotia. Stephen, the owner is bringing in favorite's such as Go Max Go bars, JJ Sweet's Cocomels, No No's from Premium Chocolatier's, Liz Lovely cookies and more. The mass majority of this stuff cannot be found anywhere else in the Halifax Regional Municipality, let alone Canada, so this very exciting. Items can be shipped right to your door but Stephen also offers to drop items off to you for a small 5 dollar fee, many times within the same day so I always suggest contacting him first: sgrantham71@yahoo.ca

Koka's Snack Shack is a new business and has every intention to continue to expand so I really hope our community will generously support his store. 







Go Max Go Jokerz


So, what should you expect with the candy? Let me tell you. We all know how much I love doing reviews, so let me break down the sweets I have pictured.

TruJoy Choco Chews: These chews are a healthier vegan alternative to Tootsie Rolls. If you've missed Tootsie Rolls, these are for you. So yummy!

Lovely Candy Co: These fruit chews are essentially a healthier alternative to Starbursts. Made with real fruit and natural ingredients. Simply delicious!  

JJ's Sweets Cocomels: I am a huge fan of Cocomels. Soft, sweet and creamy vegan caramels made with coconut milk. Perfect for any caramel lover!


Go Max Go Cleo's Peanut Butter Cups


Cleo's: If you love/loved Reese's Peanut Butter cups, then you will love Cleo's Peanut Butter cups. Made with rice milk, you get a creamy milk chocolate taste with a delicious peanut butter center.

Jokerz: Were/are you a Snicker's fan? Well then Jokerz are for you. Creamy rice milk chocolate with peanuts and nougat. It's a much healthier alternative to the "real" thing.


Cocoa Mojo from Enerhealth

Cocoa MoJo: This is the one product I haven't tried yet so can't give a review but can share information about it.
  • Made with 100% Certified Organic Cocoa Powder
  • Sweetened with Naturally Low-Glycemic Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
  • Infused with herbs to support your Immune System
  • Fair Trade ingredients and High in Antioxidants
  • A Delicious and Healthy treat for the entire family!
Ingredients: 
Organic Coconut Palm Sugar, Organic Non-Dutched (no alkaloids) Single-Estate Latin American Cocoa, Organic Extracts of: Agaricus Blazei, Cordyceps Sinensis, Grifola Frondosa, Ganoderma Lucidum, Coriollus Versicolor, Lentinula Edodes.

Sour Squirmy Worms

Squishy Fish


 


Squishy Fish: These are like Swedish Fish (which are also vegan) but healthier and BETTER! Seriously, the flavor in these bad boys is incredible.

Sour Squirmy Worms: Most of us grew up with gelatin ridden sour worms but no gelatin in these squirmy worms. Again, much healthier and the flavour is amazing! I simply love these gummies.

Lenny and Larry's: No eggs, no dairy? No problem! Lenny and Larry's make amazing, moist vegan cookies in a variety of flavours. They are even a good source of protein!

No No's from Premium Chocolatier's

Surf Sweets Sour Berry Bears


No No's: Premium Chocolatier's No No's are the closest thing that comes to vegan M&M's. A candy shell covers a sweet chocolate center. They are delicious and dangerously addictive.

Surf Sweets: I have been a huge fan of Surf Sweets for years now. These sweet, delicious, soft gummies are the perfect treat and a healthier alternative to the conventional gummy.

Visit Koka's Snack Shack for all your snacking needs. :)






1 comment: