Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday 15 March 2015

Overall Beauty Review-- Vegan and Cruelty-free Eyeshadow


      
A couple of weeks ago I was contacted by the lovely Kim of Overall Beauty. She asked if I'd be interested in trying her vegan, natural and cruelty-free eyeshadows. Of course, I jumped right in with both feet. If you know me, you know I not only love new products to try but also love reviewing them for my wonderful audience.

Kim let me pick out 6 different shades I wanted to try. They arrived extremely quickly, even though I am up in the frosty wintry land of Nova Scotia.

I opened my parcel to find bright and colourful eyeshadows packaged just perfectly. In a sweet little pouch I received not only the 6 sample colours I wanted but a bonus full size shade of her most popular product, champagne.

I love that the sample shades were even in little pots. Many other companies send them in plastic bags. This is much nicer. I even love the labels. 

The shadows are very much the colours you see in photographs. True to the image. I had a tough time choosing the colours I wanted but settled on these six: Make it Rain, Flamingo Strut, Star Powdered, Bronze Turquoise, Gray Sapphire and Ginger Bear. As well as being vegan and cruelty-free, Overall Beauty does not use talc or bismuth oxychloride, cosmetic dyes, ferric ferrocyanide or carmine in their makeup. That's right, bright purple and pink eyeshadows that are VEGAN! That's not always easy to find.


I have a love for all things shimmery, especially when it comes to eyeshadow, so I stuck to mostly those that sparkle. Since I am far from a makeup artist, I like that the shimmery ones are easier to apply and I think they highlight my eyes nicer. Overall Beauty's are some of the prettiest shimmers I have used. The colours go on easily, without any clumping. I love every colour I received and actually have a hard time deciding which I want to use for the day because I love them all so much.

Overall Beauty offers quality products at fair prices. You can purchase from her website or Etsy shop. She also offers a nail polish line, skin care and other makeup products. If you are looking for vegan and cruelty-free cosmetics, look no further, Overall Beauty has what you need!

A big thank you to Kim of Overall Beauty for giving me this opportunity.



                               Also check out my video opening Overall Beauty's package.

No comments:

Post a Comment